Sunday, November 10, 2013

"High-End" Makeup Haul (MAC, NARS and Benefit)

Hey everyone!

Today I have a haul for you all with some little beauty splurges made throughout this past month.  I've probably spent more than I should have but then again I did get some bargins at blog sales ect. 



MAC



The first thing I got from MAC was something I have been eyeing up for an unbelievably long time - the ever so famous paint pot in Painterly.  I already own one paintpot (Groundwork) but I was looking for something a little more natural that I could use as a base or just sweep across my lid for everyday wear.  I already love this, it keeps eyeshadows where you put them and is a perfect natural shade. It also conceals any redness/veins around the eyes. 


Then I bought an eyeshadow in Naked Lunch.  Naked Lunch is a lovely peachy gold with shimmer.  It makes a really flattering lid colour and goes perfectly over the Painterly paint pot. 


As a complete lipstick junkie, it would be wrong to order from MAC without getting a lipstick and I just HAD to have one of their Divine Night lipsticks. Although it doesn't look like much in the arm swatch, Flair for Finery is the most gorgoues nude I've ever set my eyes on. I would even go as far as saying it's my favourite MAC lipstick, even as far as my favourite lipstick ever. I know it's currently sold out on the MAC site but it's still available from Debenhams so get it quick!!
 


Included in my MAC order I received two samples (Zoom Fast Black Lash and Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage).  I don't like the mascara at all but I love the prep and prime so much I'm for sure going to be buying a full bottle of it! 

Benefit


I repurchased Benefits They're Real mascara as well this month. I don't really have too much to say on this one other than I love it!  It lengthens and volumises my lashes perfectly. 


Then I purchased Benefits "Milk It" eyeshadow from a blog sale for £4.  It's a lovely pure white with shimmer - perfect for highlighting.  However I much prefer the older benefit eyeshadow formula (I think they're called velvet eyeshadows?) as this one really doesn't last very long. 

NARS


Then I bought this NARS lipstick from the same blog sale for £10.  This shade is Sexual Healing and is a peachy nude shimmer (very similar to Naked Lunch actually).  The formula is a little more drying than I would have expected from NARS but nothing an EOS lipbalm can't fix.  I just make sure I apply the lipbalm before applying the lipstick and problem solved. 

So that's everything I've been buying beauty wise! I hope you've all enjoyed today's post and I shall speak to you all shortly!

Katie
Xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment