Thursday, June 13, 2013

Get Ready With Me (Prom Edition)

Hey Everyone!

So as I promised today will be my get ready with me for prom post! I had so much fun at prom and really enjoyed getting all dressed up and ready to go! So I thought I would share my prom make up and hair look as well as other little bits and pieces I used to help me get prom-perfect!

Morning Routine

The first thing I did in the morning was grab myself some cereal (breakfast is so important, especially on a busy day) and after that I jumped in the shower.  I had already washed my hair the night before because I was getting my hair up for prom and we all know that updo's last better with second day hair.  So I just washed using one of my shower favourites, Lush's shower jelly in Sweetie pie (you can win it here).  After I came out the shower I moisturised my body with the Garnier Intensive 7 day Hydration Lotion for Normal Skin.  I then completed my daily skin care routine which can be found here if your interested in looking at it in more detail.  After all this was done, I had plenty time before I had to start doing my make up so I relaxed and watched one of my favourite movies.  Have you guys seen White Chicks? I think its just one of the most hilarious movies ever!

Garnier Intensive 7 Day Hydrating Lotion


Make Up Routine

Face

The first thing I done before I even applied any make up was moisturise my skin again with the Simple Light moisturiser.  After I let this set in for a couple of minutes, I applied 3 different primers.  I know, it was maybe slightly extreme, but I wanted to make sure my make up stayed on all night.  I applied Benefits Porefessional on my T-zone, E.L.F Mineral Infused Face Primer to my cheeks and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer on top all over.  Next I applied No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush.  After this I just applied Rimmel London's Stay Matte Transparent Powder.  For my blush, I applied Benefits Hervanna to the apples of my cheeks and blended it upwards along my cheekbone.  Hervanna is my favourite blush ever and I 100% recommend it to every single one of you.  As a highlight I used MAC's Pearlmatte Face Powder in the shade 'In For A Treat' and applied it across my cheekbones, browbones, the bridge of my nose and my cupids bow.  Finally I used my Bourjois Bronzing Powder in shade 51 for contouring and bronzing my skin.  I definitely recommend using bronzer if you are getting lots of pictures taken because without it, you may look washed out in pictures.









Eyes


To start with I primed my eyes and undereyes with the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer.  Then I applied My Garnier Anti Dark Circles Eye Roll On under my eyes to brighten my eyes up.  I also used Benefit Eye bright in my inner corner and my brow bone to highlight and brighten my eyes.  The only eyeshadows I used for this make up look came from my Naked Basics Palette.  I applied Venus all over my lid, then applied Walk Of Shame to the outer 3/4 of my lid using a MAC 242 brush.  I then applied Faint to my crease with my MAC 217 brush and blended it out.  For eyeliner I used my Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eye liner to create a slight winged eye look.  After this, I applied my favourite false eyelashes, Eyelure Naturalites Super Full and coated them with a layer of Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara.  I filled in my eyebrows using Browzings from Benefit in my Smokin Eyes kit.  







































Lips

For lips, I started off by exfoliating my lips with Lush Lip Exfoliator in Bubblegum.  Then I applied my MAC tendertone in Tread Gently.  I waited a couple of minutes for that to sink in and then applied a MAC cremesheen lipstick in Hot Gossip. And that was my make up look completed!



















Hair

So for my hair, I had my hairdresser come to my house to style my hair for prom.  My hair was inspired by this picture of Vanessa Hudgens;

Vanessa Hudgens Updo Hairstyle2 Vanessa Hudgens Updo Hairstyle Photos
My hair was inspired by this gorgeous look.

And this was the outcome;





















Overall

I do realise this blog post has been really long but I knew a few of you on twitter were interested in this post so I thought I may as well go all out.  I had such a blast at prom so I thought I'd share a couple of photos from the night with you guys! I hope you enjoyed this post and I will speak to you all soon.

Me with the girls

Me and my sister (She was working at the venue of the prom)


Me and one of my best friends being silly as per.






0 comments:

Post a Comment