Friday, June 28, 2013

How To Tidy Your Room (And Keep It Clean)

Hi Everyone!

We all do it.  From time to time, life just gets in the way and we slack on maintaining a clean and organised bedroom.  Just so you don't feel so bad about yours, here's a picture of mine.


But after following a few of my tips, it turned out like this and it didn't take too long either;



  1. Get some music on.  Music will help motivate you.  I've been loving the song 'I love it' by Icona Pop.  I always feel like time goes quicker as well when your listening to music.  
  2. Work in sections.  I have 5 sections of my room I typically work on (my bookcase, my desk, my bed, my wardrobe and the beanbag area).  As I'm cleaning one section, I dust it as well.  This saves coming back around all of your room for dusting when your finished tidying.  
  3. Grab a bin bag.  Not a little plastic shopping bag, I'm talking the huge black bin bags.  These come in so useful when throwing out rubbish and junk that you just don't need.  You have to be ruthless as well, otherwise you'll end up keeping so much junk for that bizarre 'sentimental value'.
  4. If there's still a lot of things you need out (on a desk or whatever), arrange them in some way that makes them look neater.  I have a lot of perfume bottles that I have sitting around and they can look a little messy sometimes, so when they are I just simply arrange them to look less cluttered, simple.
  5. I am a big fan of boxes.  Boxes can hide away any messy bits you might have and help store things neatly so they don't clutter your room.  I use all my old glossyboxes to store little bits and pieces. 
  6. Sort out your clothes.  Now I don't know about you guys, but I feel the biggest mess in my room is random clothes.  I never seem to have enough hangers/space in my wardrobes so clothes end up on the chair, on the beanbag and sometimes even on my bed.  Use all your spare hangers to hang up clothes and neatly fold the rest at the bottom of your wardrobe.  
  7. Change your bedsheets and flip your mattress.  A clean bed makes all the difference.  I absolutely adore sleeping in fresh sheets and it will just make you and your room feel so much cleaner.  Flipping your mattress is an extra but is also great for maintaining clean sheets (bedbugs back off).

Now for some before's and after's;








So if you want to maintain a clean room, simple put everything back in it's place.  I always feel so much more at peace when my room is clean and I feel like I can actually relax.  I hope you enjoyed this slightly different post and I will speak to you all shortly!






0 comments:

Post a Comment