Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MAC Lipstick Collection

Hey Everyone!

Today I'm going to be sharing with you my MAC lipstick collection!  I've been collecting MAC products for a couple of years now but I am on a students budget so I only have 7 lipsticks.  I know some people don't even have that so I just thought I would share my little bunch with you guys!




First of all I would just like to say that I love MAC lipsticks.  I love every single one I have and couldn't flaw them if I tried.  Everything to the colour, to the texture, to the packaging just seems so luxurious and perfect. I definitely recommend trying out at least one MAC lipstick at some point in your life!  So without further ado, lets get into my collection!



Okay so the first MAC lipstick I ever bought was Creme Cup, which has a Cremesheen finish.  Creme Cup is a light blue pink and is a very soft shade.  The colour isn't overpowering at all and is perfect for everyday, subtle looks.  As for the texture, I particularly love Cremesheen finishes.  They feel so moisturising and light on the lips and has a gorgeous shine to it which means that lipgloss isn't necessary.





The second MAC lipstick I added to my collection was Speed Dial.  Speed Dial is a bright slightly blue toned pink.  It also has a subtle gold sheen underneath which will help it flatter the majority of skintones.  Speed Dial is also a Cremesheen but for some reason, I don't find it as moisturising as Creme Cup.




The next lipstick I'm going to talk about is Lovelorn.  I 100% adore Lovelorn.  Its a gorgeous medium toned natural pink with subtle cool tones throughout.  Lovelorn is a Lustre finish which is slightly sheerer than any other formula but is easily buildable.  Again they have a shine finish so a lipgloss isn't needed for Lustre's either.




Another MAC lipstick I own is Pink Plaid.  Pink Plaid is a matte blue pink which is easily buildable.  This colour can be built up to make it really intense or blended out to make it lighter and more subtle.  Although I love the matte finish, it can expose dry lips and show cracks quite obviously, so I recommend using a lip scrub before applying.




The next lipstick is another matte finish but it is a completely different shade to anything else in my collection. Its Kinda Sexy.  Now most people say that Kinda Sexy is a neutral pink, but swatched next to all the other pinks in my collection it appears slightly more neutral orange.  Its almost a salmony pinky orange in my opinion.




The sixth MAC lipstick in my collection is Hot Gossip.  Hot Gossip is a mid tone plumy colour with a pink hint to it.  It also has a slight shimmery undertone to it in the similar way to Speed Dial.  Hot Gossip is the shade I wore to prom, which you can see here.  Hot Gossip is a Cremesheen finish as well and has really nice staying power.




And the final MAC lipstick in my collection is from the Viva Glam Nicki Range.  Viva Glam Nicki 1 is a shocking, bright, bubblegum pink.  Usually this type of colour scares me because its so out there, but I am in love with this lipstick.  The thing I love about it is that it is so versatile.  If you want it bright, it can be bright, but if you want it toned down, just blend it out.  I also love the finish on this lipstick (Satin) and I'm eager to try more Satins because this just makes my lips feel so soft.





So that's it for my MAC lipstick collection, if you would like to see similar posts comment below and let me know!  I hope you enjoyed this post and I will speak to you all soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment