Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nail Varnish Haul

Hey Everyone!

You've probably all heard of Fragrance Direct, but if you haven't, where are you living? Under a rock? In a cave? Fragrance Direct is a website that sells a bunch of different make up, skincare, nail varnish and other beauty related things at discounted prices.  I set the link above so you can check it out if you want to!  I got 8 nail varnishes for a total around £15 which is amazing.  I got 5 Revlon varnishes, 2 OPI and 1 Essie.

Okay so starting off with the Revlon polishes.  I've never actually tried any Revlon nail polishes before, although I've always wanted to.  Like I said above I picked 5 polishes from Revlon, and they are all stunning colours, 2 OPI's and 1 lovely Essie;



  1. The first shade I got is a gorgeous mint green in the colour 'Minted'.  It's a stunning pastel green which is often compared to Essie Mint Candy Apple.  I would say that Mint Candy Apple is slightly more blue-green mint whereas Minted is a pure green mint.  I've yet to use this polish but the consistency of the polish seems a little bit watery and I think it will need a few coats to get a nice finish.

  2. Next I purchased Blue Lagoon which is a light pastel blue with a subtle glitter effect to it.  The glitter is super fine and comes off as more of an extra shine that a glitter polish.  Again this polish seems like it will need 2-3 coats but its worth it because the colour is lovely.

  3. I also bought Make Mine Mango.  Make Mine Mango is a orange-coral which I absolutely love.  I usually stay clear of orange polishes because I'm paranoid about the colour clashing with my hair.  It sounds silly but still.  I managed to make an exception for this colour.  Yet again, the consistency is a tad watery but still bearable. 

  4. The next two Revlon polishes I purchased were both glitter polishes.  The first is Stunning which is a glitter top coat.  It is a mix of small to medium glitter so is easy to work with.  I've wore this once on my ring finger and it applied very well and looked lovely!  It was quite difficult to remove but it was nice on my nails.

  5. And the final Revlon polishes that I purchased was Popular.  Popular is a baby pink with fine and medium glitter.  It reminds me of the new Maybelline Colour Show Polka Dot Polishes, but extra girly.  I'm really excited to try this one!!

  6. The next two I'm about to blabber about are both OPI.  I have ten mini OPI's but have never actually had a full size bottle (15ml).  I bought Elephantastic which is a stunning bubblegum pink.  Pinks tend to be my go-to nail colour and this is such a lovely shade.  When I think pink, this is the type of shade that pops into my head, a true, bright, lovely pink.  

  7. I also purchased The Colour Of Minnie.  This is such a unique colour in my opinion.  When you first look at it, it looks like an ordinary red.  But if you look closely, in light, it has a pink overtone to it.  It also had extremely fine glitter to it which adds additional shine.  

  8. Finally I got Essie Bikini So Teeny.  I have been eyeing up this polish for sooo long and have just never got around to buying it, so when I seen it for £1.99 I just had to.  Bikini So Teeny is a periwinkle blue with fine glitter again to add extra shine.  The fine glitter appears to be a silver colour which really reflects beautifully in light. 


That was all the nail polishes I bought from Fragrance Direct! I'm really excited to try them all out! I hope you all enjoyed this little haul and I'll speak to you all soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment