Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Sunday's Series #1

Hey Everyone!

I am starting a new Sunday Series through the summer months about different things you can do/make/enjoy this summer.  There will be various random posts like baking, activities and DIY's.  I'm really excited to start this series and I hope you all like it.

Strawberry and Apple Smoothie

I don't know about you lot, but I love smoothies.  They're so delicious.  I recently came across a really simple one for a strawberry and apple smoothie and I thought it was perfect for summer days!

What you need;

  • 1 medium sized apple
  • 5 strawberries
  • A blender/smoothie maker
  • A hint of water
  • Chopping board
  • A knife

I'm using Kenwood smoothie 2GO

You want to start off by quartering your apple (cut it in a square around the core)


And you will end up with something like this,



Then cube your apple slices to make them easier to blend.



Then go ahead and add that to the blender.


Next, cut the heads off the strawberries and quarter them too (half then half again).



Add that too your blender as well,



After that all you need to add is a splash of water because we're trying to keep as much nutrients as possible.  For a hot day add some ice to make the smoothie nice and refreshing.


Then get blending,



After all of the fruit is blended, pour into a fancy glass.  Then for an added touch, cut a slit in the bottom of a strawberry and attach to the side of your glass.


And Bon Appetite!



I hope you enjoy your summer smoothie if you make one!  I certainly did haha!!  Thanks so much for reading and please leave any suggestions you have for my Summer Sunday's Posts!












0 comments:

Post a Comment