Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Makeup Look

Hey everyone!

Since today is the first official day of fall, I thought what better way to start off than with a makeup look?  In fall I love all the colours of the leaves and that's the kind of shades I like to stick to with my eyes (okay that sounds weird, matching my eyes to the leaves on trees but hey?).  I love the bronzes, golds, taupes, maroons and crisp reds. 



Face

To start with I applied Benefits Porefessional primer all over my face.  Then using Real Techniques Stippling Brush I blended No7's Beautifully Matte foundation into my skin and then went ahead and set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. 


I then applied an ELF blush in Peachy Keen to the apples of my cheeks and blended upwards along my cheekbones.
 


Eyes 

I first primed my eyes with Smashbox's Photo Finish Eyelid Primer.  I then went on to use my Revlon Custom Eyes Palette in Naturally Glamourous. 


I used the second shade (left to right) all over my lid using my MAC 217 brush.  Then applied the middle shade in my inner corners. 




For my crease, I took my Sleek storm palette and used the top right colour which is a gorgeous berry shade and blended it in with my MAC 217. 



I then used my Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner to create a slight winged look.  (This eyeliner is on it's last leg and I'm looking for a new black liquid liner that is great and easy for winged liner, if you have any suggestions, please let me know in the comments). 


After that I curled my lashes and applied my favourite mascara right now, Benefits They're Real. 

Lips


For lips, I applied an all time favourite of mine, regardless of season, MAC's Creme Cup.  This lipstick is such a delicate pink and nicely evens out the slightly more dramatic eyes. 

Overall 

Overall, I'm really feeling this look.  I think it's really pretty for autumn and I'm sure I will be wearing this throughout the season.  I hope you all liked this post and let me know of any fall posts you would like to see in the comments below. 



Katie
Xox



0 comments:

Post a Comment