Saturday, September 28, 2013

Dermalogica Clear Start

Hey everyone!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post on dermalogica's Clean Start Wash Off cleanser which I have been using for a good year or two.  So when dermalogica approached me on twitter and asked if I would like a sneak peak of their new line - Clean Start - how could I refuse? Now before I go any further, all opinions are completely honest, but dermalogica is a brand I 100% trust with my skin and I have for years.  I want to assure you all that I'm not being a "sell out" because I'm about to give them a good review, I just genuinely believe their products work. 



Regimen 

A.M;
-Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash
-Breakout Clearing All Over Toner
-Breakout Clearing Daytime Treatment
-Oil Clearing Matte Moisturiser SPF15

P.M;
-Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash
-Breakout Clearing All Over Toner
-Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment

Product Close Up

Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash


This foaming wash has a similar function to the wash off cleanser from the Clean Start range.  One difference I definitely noticed with all products in this range, is that they all smell less acid-y than the Clean Start.  This made me have a scan of the label for the ingredients list, and right enough, a lot more natural ingredients were used across this range. For example this foaming wash has 8 different botanicals including Tea Tree, Lavander and Camellia Sinensis.  It also has orange peel extract in it, so this product is looking more and more natural. Of course it still includes Salicylic Acid to help fight breakouts but overall this product is much more natural than previous lines. 

This product is my favourite in the line, and the one I noticed the most difference with my skin with.  If you were to buy one product alone from the range I would recommend this one.  It deeply cleanses the skin, getting rid of all excess makeup, dirt and dead skin cells. 


All Over Toner 


This toner is really unique as you spray it all over your face to control excess oil and help rid breakouts from your face.  The spraying sensation is so cooling for the skin.  However unfortunately I have super sensitive eyes, so instead of spraying this directly onto my face, I simple spray some onto a cotton pad and pat gently into my skin and it works just as well. 

Matte Moisturiser 


This moisturiser is so light on the skin it's quite hard to believe it's even there.  It's designed specifically for morning use so is perfect for applying before applying make up. The formula is non greasy and maintains an all over matte finish throughout the day. 
 
Daytime Treatment 


The daytime treatment is almost a serum consistency. It's designed to clear your skin of breakouts and prevent them returning.  It also soothes and calms the skin of any redness or irritability. 

Overnight Treatment 


Similar to the daytime treatment, the overnight treatment is also a serum constancy.  It's used to reduce congestion in your skin and reduce breakout. I definitely notice I was waking up with less breakouts when I included this is my routine. 

Cooling Masque 


I've yet to use this masque as I was planning on using it to unwind tonight while catching up with 90120. The masque is said to have a cooling sensation which I love. I don't know about you guys but I hate heating masques and much prefer cooling masques and find them much more soothing.  The masque is designed to help reduces redness and unclog pores. 

Overall 

NEW FAVOURITE. That's about all I can say. This set is just perfect for teen skin. I have spot prone, red skin and the difference I have noticed within a week of using this is unbelievable.  Even in my last post I received a few complements on my skin -which I never get- and it was a major confidence booster and showed me that I wasn't the only one noticing a difference.  My skin became clearer and brighter and I will definitely be using up the full set until there's not a drop left. 

I hope you all liked this post, and let me know if you want to try this range, released tomorrow, 29th September. You can definitely tell the difference in my skin from the pictures below.  I will speak to you all very soon and I'm proud to be able to say, CLEAR SKIN STARTS NOW. 

Katie
Xox

(No makeup)


(Makeup)

0 comments:

Post a Comment