Saturday, August 17, 2013

Avon Colortrend Lipstick Review

Hey guys!

It isn't a secret that I am a huge lipstick fanatic.  With over 40 in my collection, picking which lipstick to wear has become a regular challenge.  I'm here today to let you in on a little favourite of mine. These beauties at £3.75 each are a bargain for their quality, colours and selection. 



First things first, this range has a gorgeous colour selection.  They have a bunch of colours I would never normally try, but since they are so cheap, I can give them a go.  The colours are surprisingly well pigmented and glide on the lips so smoothly.  They leave a slight gloss finish but last a fairly long time (I would say 3-4 hours). 

The first colour in my collection is Doll Pink.  Doll Pink is pretty much what it claims, a bright barbie doll pink.  I love how bright and fun this colour is and it's a perfect summer shade.  



Next in my collection is Passion.  Passion is a bright orange-red with pink.  It's pretty much a mix of them all.  When looking at it, it's hard to define whether it's a pink, red or orange.  It's a lovely shade and definitely unique, I've never seen another shade quite like it. 



Then I also have Flirt.  Flirt is clearly orange but has a distinctive pink shine to it. I adore this colour because its so vivid and different but the pink shine makes it so easy to wear. 



Next I have Violet Friday, which although looks intimidating, it's actually beautiful.  When swatched it appears much more pink based but gives enough purple to show it's unique side.  The purple lipstick has been rising in popularity over the past few months and I think this is the perfect colour to start with. 



Finally I have Amethyst which is a deep plumy pink and is probably the most "normal" shade out of this little collection of mine. This lipstick reminds me slightly of MAC's Hot Gossip but more plum.  This colour is perfect for everyday wear. 



So if you haven't guessed already, I'll sum it up for you, I love these lipsticks.  They are all so beautiful.  Although I only have a fraction of the full collection, the shades I have are stunning and so completely unique to anything else I own. 

(From left to right) Amethyst, Violet Friday, Flirt, Passion and Doll Pink. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you for reading! Let me know some of your favorite lipsticks below in the comments! 

Katie 
Xox

Ps. My laptop is still broken, I'm still writing from my phone while patiently waiting for the laptop fixing placey to miraculously fix my laptop. Thank you for bearing with me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment