Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chanel Coco Rouge Shine Lipstick

Hey everyone! 

After months of accumulating Boots Advantage Card points, reaching 30,000 points meant I had £30 in store to spend.  Instead of buying my regular products, I decided to treat myself to something I wouldn't normally buy.  I was considering a nice perfume but when I couldn't find any I particularly loved, I decided to splurge on a high end makeup piece.  Chanel is a brand drooled over by many beauty enthusiasts and it was a brand missing from my ever so large lipstick collection.  I set my mind of buying a Chanel lipstick. 


The packaging of this product is extremely classy and I feel so posh whipping it out of my handbag.  It's a simple square black tube with the Chanel logo on the lid.  One thing I must say about this packaging is the actual lipstick twists out so smoothly it feels impressive. 


As a fan of MAC Creemsheens and Lustres, I decided a lighter formula would probably be best for me.  I know a lot of people favour Matte lipsticks but they're just not for me.  The shade I got - Rendezvous - is the perfect pink.  I'm a sucker for blue-pinks and that's exactly what this is.  A vibrant blue pink is the only way I can describe this lipstick. 


The lipstick swatches so beautifully and glides on with no tugging to the skin or lips.  The shine is clearly visible when tilted back and forth in light.  Another thing I must point out is that this lipstick smells exactly like roses.  


You can see that the lipstick is very natural and nothing too OTT.  

Overall I'm kinda sort of in love with this lipstick.  From the scent to the packaging to the colour it's just beautiful. Is it possible I've fallen for the marketing hype of Chanel? It's plausible.  But it's also plausible that this is just a better lipstick than most others.  It's just proven my thoughts that you pay for what you get. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you for reading!

Katie
Xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment