Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back To School Make Up

Hey Everyone!

Its fast approaching.  The return to school is dawning upon us.  Summer is almost over and whether your going back to high school, college, uni or even just going back to work, this make up look is perfect.  Its glam enough to kick off the school year but its also natural enough to wear everyday.  So without further ado, let's get into the make up tutorial.


Face

The first thing I like to do in the morning is apply some of the Simple Soothing Eye Balm.  It's so cooling and fresh and really helps wake up my eyes in the morning. 


Next I apply foundation (L'oreal Infallible Foundation) with my Real Techniques Stippling brush.  This foundation seriously lasts all day so is perfect for school/work where you don't necessarily have time to reapply any make up.  (P.S all my fellow pale skinned girls, this is such a perfect pale colour and is the most natural coloured foundation I have ever found, it doesn't say a shade name on the bottle but I know its the lightest colour in the range).  I then apply Rimmel Stay Matte Powder with the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face brush to lock in the foundation and make it last even longer.





Then I apply MAC Well Dressed to the apples of my cheeks with the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour Brush.  After that I use MAC Pearlmatte Powder to highlight my cheekbones and browbones.


I then like to spray MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist (what a mouthful) to give a nautral dewy glow to my skin.



Eyes


Using Benefit's Browzings from my Smokin Eyes kit I lightly fill in my brows to give a natural get defined look.  Then I brush through my brows with a spooly brush to make them even more natural looking. 


For eyeshadow, I start my applying Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer to help my eyeshadow last all day.  I also find that my eyeshadow never creases when I use this. 


I then apply Walk of Shame from the Naked Basics Palette all over my eyelid.  Then taking Naked 2, I blend it into my crease using my MAC 217 brush to create definition.


Then using my NARS Duo in Kalahari, I apply the gold shade all over my lid.  Then apply the second colour to my crease and blend outwards. 


I then use No7 Eessential Eyeliner in Brown to line my lash line and wing it out slightly.


Finally for the eyes, I apply Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black to curled lashes.






 Lips


For lips, I like to go a little more natural for school and work so Revlon's Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya is perfect.  Then I like to apply L'oreal's Glam Shine Lipgloss in Sheer Peach for an extra shine to the lips (plus is smells amazing).


 




Before and After






Overall I really like this look and it does not take much time at all.  Obviously it would look better when your hair has been styled too and not left in the ponytail you slept in...oops.  Let me know if you try this out!  Also is there any other 'back to school' posts you would like to see?  Let me know in the comments below!



 



0 comments:

Post a Comment