Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Benefits 'How To Look The Best At Everything' Review

Hey Everyone! 

You may be unaware of the world of teleshopping, but one things for sure, there are some definitely plus sides to it.  I recently purchased Benefits 'How To Look The Best At Everything' Kit from QVC.  An instant plus side to buying it through QVC was that I was able to pay in three monthly instalments of around £6.  This made me feel less guilty about paying around £20 for a bunch of minis in a pretty box.  Now let's get into the actual review. 





First thing's first.  The packaging is freaking adorable.  I could literally hide this away in my bookshelf and it would blend in beautifully.  Its actually a really sturdy box and survived an attack from my little pup at the letterbox.  It's sealed by a pretty strong magnet, so you could easily travel with this and not worry about any of the products falling out. 


The box includes;
  • Porefessional (7.5ml)
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Champagne (7ml)
  • Boiing Concealer in 01&02 (2x1.5g)
  • Hello Flawless in Champagne (4g)



I've actually used professional before and I do really like it.  Porefessional is a primer specifically designed to help minimise pores, which is great for me because I have particularly large pores on my nose and around my t-zone (thanks dad, darn you genetics).  I find the texture of this product quite bizarre as it almost feels greasy when you first apply it but that quickly absorbs into the skin and feels fine.  Benefit claim you can wear this on its own to conceal open pores but I find it only works when I have foundation/bb/cc cream on.  When I do use it though, I do notice a dramatic difference in the size of my pores.  So if open pores are your main skin concern, definitely give this wee one a bash.  I don't tend to wear primers every day because I always wonder what effect it has on my skin and if its actually clogging the pores or what but on special occasions this is the primer I tend to pick. 


Next we have the much anticipated (in my case anyway) Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation.  This was a MASSIVE let down.  Not necessarily because of how the product works/feels ect, just because of the sheer colouring of it.  I don't know what Benefit where thinking when they added this into the 'light' edition of this kit.  Maybe I'm abnormally pale?  Its plausible but not the most likely answer here.  This foundation was like a million shades to dark for me and unbearable to use.  Not only was it too dark, I thought it was insanely orange, it just made me think, 'who's skin is that colour naturally?'.  Maybe if you fake tan you could get away with this but it was just not working for me.  You can see in the pictures below the clear colour difference between Hello Orange Flawless (left) and my current CC Cream by Maxfactor (right).  No amount of  blending was doing this justice.  If your a true paley like myself, this is a definite miss, in this shade anyway. 

 



 





















The third product in the kit was one I was also excited about trying and thats the Boi-ing Concealer.  The lightest shade in the kit was fine for me colour wise, but the second would never be used.  I first applied Boi-ing under my eyes where I suffer from dark circles and puffiness.  I did notice a major difference when I applied this and my eyes seemed instantly brighter.  I really loved how hydrating this concealer felt as well and it didn't 'tug' at my sensitive skin under my eyes like some other concealers have.  One thing I did notice about using this under my eyes was that it did crease throughout the day.  I also used this on a little patch of breakouts that kindly decided to form on my chin.  I felt like for breakout and redness, this is a little too hydrating so it actually disappears quite quickly.  I didn't feel like it covered up my breakouts as well as some of my other concealers (yes I'm talking about you my lovely Maybelline Coverstick AKA lifesaver).  It was okay but I felt like this product is much better suited to under eye issues.


























Finally in this kit we have the Hello Flawless Powder again in champagne.  Again this colour is too dark for me so I never really used much of it.  I would like to comment that I am really happy with my current powder (Rimmel Stay Matte) and I don't think I would splurge for anything else and I wouldn't of even tried this product if it hadn't been included in this kit.  I like the little brush they included, it was really soft and would be perfect for travel/on-the-go.  I feel like I don't have that much to say about this product but I kind of have the opinion that powders are powders and they all have the same effect (pretty much).



I like how they included a little 'tips and tricks' booklet but most of the techniques were pretty basic and anyone who is interested in reading this review in the first place will probably know it all already.  


Overall I was pretty disappointed at Benefits feeble attempt at a 'light' complexion kit.  If I could find this kit in a paler shade I would have probably liked it so much more.  If you are planning on buying this kit as a try before you buy all the full sized, go into your nearest benefit counter to make sure it matches your skin tone, otherwise I wouldn't risk it.

Luckily, like I said above, I purchased this from QVC, which actually allows you to return make up even if you have used it (which is pretty rare in the UK).  So this is heading straight back.  Sorry Benefit, this really didn't do it for me.

Have any of you guys tried this kit and had the same issues? Or am I just ridiculously pale??  Let me know in the comments!





0 comments:

Post a Comment