Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Sundays #5



Hey everyone!

Today will be the last post in my Summer Sundays series and I thought what better way to do it than share my pampering routine.  As Sunday is the official day of rest (for most of us) I like to use my Sundays to just chill and unwind.  I'm not even slightly ashamed to admit I'm writing this in bed at 1.26 pm.  A pampering Sunday is also needed if you have been out the night before like myself, I don't think I went to bed until around 3 o'clock this morning and I'm already feeling it.

One thing I love to do on a pampering day is slap on a face mask.  I feel like it just freshens and brightens my skin when its looking a little tired or dull.  The face mask I regularly use and love is Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic.  I simply adore this face mask.  It is by far the best smelling of the Lush face mask range with a lovely blueberry, fruity scent.  Although it isn't the most appealing mask to look at, it certainly isn't the worse.  I apply this to my face like normal, leave it for about 10-15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.  After I've washed it off I notice an immense difference in my skin.  Its automatically less red, clearer looking and brighter.  If you suffer from redness and breakouts like I do (particularly around my t-zone) I would recommend you give this a try.  Its like my little miracle pot.

























If you ignore my bed head hair and my childish pyjamas, you can tell all redness on my skin has disappeared and my breakouts seem almost non-existent.  

Next, I like to do my nails.  Painting my nails is something I just enjoy doing and it really takes my mind off of things and just relaxes me for some bizarre reason.  Right now my nails are models own black with stud details on my ring finger that I bought from sparkly nails online (link here).


Another thing I love to do on a lazy day is light a candle and catch up on all my favourite shows I might have missed during the week.  My favourites being PLL, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and The Rules Of Engagement.  This completely chills me out and I just get to relax.  The candle I've been using is Bath and Body Works Summertime S'mores.  It smells exactly like a campfire with burning sugar and melting marshmallows and is perfect for cozy summer days.





Finally on lazy days like this, I seem to drink way more tea than I normally do.  I don't know what it is but a cup of tea with plenty sugar is just happiness in a cup for me.  I usually only have one or two cups a day, but when I'm chilling out I must drink a cup an hour haha!!


What is you lazy day rituals? What is your favourite way to relax?  Let me know in the comments below.  I hope you enjoyed my Summer Sundays series and thank you all for reading.



0 comments:

Post a Comment