Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Sundays #3

Hey Everyone!

For today's Summer Sunday, I thought I would share my summer make up routine with you guys.  In summer, I tend to tone down my make up and ware a bit less than I normally do.  There's nothing worse than feeling your make up melt off your face on a hot day!  So without further ado, lets get into my simple summertime make up!

Before I start applying any make up, I like to give my face a quick cleanse.  I've been trying out the Loreal Micellular Water and I really like it.  Obviously its main use is to remove make up, but I also like to sweep it over my skin before I apply any more to make sure my skin is clean.  So after I cleanse, my face looks a little like this...(love a no make up shot...NOT)



I then like to take my Max Factor CC Cream, which I genuinely could not recommend more, and apply it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush.  I love this CC Cream so so much!  It gives really good coverage but still feels weightless on the skin.



I then apply my Maybelline Coverstick to any stand out blemishes.  After that I like to set my CC Cream with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and my Real Techniques Duo Fibre Powder Brush.


Next, I apply my Garnier Anti Dark Circles Under Eye Concealer to brighten my under eye area and banish any dark circles.  Then taking Posietint by Benefit I apply it first to my fingers and then to my cheeks and blend.  The reason I don't like applying it straight from the brush is a) hygiene b) I feel like it can stain to quickly and you have a dot from where you applied it with the brush.  After that, I take my MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder to my cheekbones and my brow bones to highlight.



Then taking my Benefit Smokin Eyes Kit, I use browzings to fill in my eyebrows and then brush them out slightly to make them look more natural.


For my eyes, I like to go a little more natural in summer.  So I use brown eyeliner to line my top lash line and smudge it out a little.  I've been loving Rimmels Soft Kohl in Brown.  Then I curl my lashes then coat them with a layer of Maybelline's Define-a-Lash.




Finally I apply my favourite lip product right now, which is the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya.


 So this is the completed look;



I really like this look, I feel like it's a lot less effort and so simple for summer days.  It doesn't feel heavy on the skin or overpowering at all.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and I will speak to you all on Tuesday for my big haul post...










0 comments:

Post a Comment