Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Graze Box Review

Hey Guys!

I recently subscribed to a Graze, a fairly new company who send a box of delicious healthy snacks straight to your door.  As a fussy eater I was a little sceptical about the whole idea of trying out all these different foods, but at the same time I was eager to try them out.  

My first graze box arrived through my letterbox last week and I have to say I was impressed that it actually went through my letterbox.  The graze boxes are specifically designed to fit through letterboxes and I love that idea because it means that I don't have to get up at 8.30am when the postman comes just to grab my food (especially in the summer holidays).  I also love that graze boxes are 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly.  I've subscribed on a two week basis so I receive one box every 2 weeks.  Graze charge £3.89 per box and all postal charges are free.




When I opened it up I was greeted by a little booklet explaining the whole concept of the graze box.


When I took a closer look at the box, I read about all the products included in my first one.  I had received; Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl, Billionare's Shortbread, Bonnie Wee Oatbites and Slightly Sweet Popcorn. 



The first treat I tried was The Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl, which was a mix of blueberry yoghurt raisins, raspberry infused cranberries and blackcurrants.  I really liked this, especially the blueberry yoghurt raisins.  I could of eaten an entire bag of those things.  The raspberry infused cranberries were yummy as well.  I don't think I had ever tried cranberries before (I have tried cranberry juice ect, but not actual cranberries) and I really liked them.  I have even been looking for similar things in supermarkets to snack on more often.  The last in this little bundle was blackcurrants.  I liked them but I didn't love them.  Some were quite sour but I think that's normal with blackcurrants. 


Next I tried the Billionaire's Shortbread which included fudge pieces, blanched almonds, milk chocolate drops and cranberries. I'm not a fan of any kind of nuts so I avoided the almonds but besides that I loved this little pack.  The cranberry was again included which was great, the fudge was fabulous and the chocolate!!  I could not believe how good this chocolate was.  Normally 'healthy' chocolate tastes pretty rubbish in all honesty, but this was a different story.  Where can I buy this in bars??  It was so creamy and was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.  


Next in my box was Bonnie Wee Oatcakes.  I'm not sure if this is a wee joke they include to everyone in Scotland for their first box or if it was just sheer coincidence.  The oatcakes came with a caramelised onion marmalade to dip with.  I personally don't like oatcakes or onions but I gave this little box to my mum who loves both and she said she really enjoyed it.  Another great thing about graze I forgot to mention is that you can rate the food online so now I've told them I don't want to receive this again which is great. 


Finally I got the Slightly Sweet Popcorn which I was really happy about.  I love popcorn and sweet is my favourite.  I was surprised how much was in this little bag and I sat and enjoyed a big bowl of it while watching Star Wars.  It was impeccable timing.  I liked the popcorn but I couldn't really taste much sweetness but then again it is healthy. 



Overall I really enjoyed my first graze box and I do think it is great value for money.  I'm excited to get my next graze box and let me know if you would like me to do an unopening type post with these or not! If you have tried the graze boxes, let me know what you've enjoyed in them so I can give it a try.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and I will speak to you all soon!





0 comments:

Post a Comment