Friday, July 5, 2013

Nails Of The Day

Hey Guys!

Some of you had suggested that I do more 'Nails Of The Day' posts so that's exactly what I'm going to do!  I recently purchases Marie Claire Magazine which contained a mini Ciate caviar manicure set in the shade 'Cookies and Cream' so I thought I would give it a try.

The nail polish in the set was quite watery and thin and I needed about 4 coats to achieve a nice look.  However I do think that is just because these are freebies.  I don't think the regular Ciate polishes are like that at all.

I decided to try out the caviar part of the kit on my ring finger as I had never tried it before and wasn't sure how I would like it.  The application was fairly simple, I just coated my ring finger in the polish provided and sprinkled the caviar over my nail and pressed them into place.  I should just add, that if you plan on doing this make sure you have something underneath to collect the rest of the fallen beads.

As the day went on, I noticed that some beads were falling off, but I blame that on my application,  not the product itself.  For a freebie, I really enjoyed using this.  I'm not sure if I would pick up a full sized or not.  I find the feeling of the caviar a bit bizarre and I'm constantly fiddling with it!  But for a bit of a different look, it was nice to try!

Did you pick up Marie Claire this month, and did you give the Caviar Manicure a go? Let me know in the comments below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment